The number of Internet threats such as spyware, viruses and fraudulent websites continue to increase and become sophisticated. Whilst online transactions such as those executed through our website, are generally safe, we recommend you to take caution of these threats which aim to steal your personal information such as usernames, passwords and credit card numbers.
- Never disclose your HLIA's login name or password to anyone in person, over the phone, via email or on a non-secure fraudulent website whose address does not start with https://www.hl-insurance.com. HLIA will never ask for your login name or password over the phone or via email.
- If you are conducting an online purchase or logging in as a Web Member, verify that you are logging in at HLIA's website using secure TLS channel. The URL of a secure channel should start with https:// instead of http:// and there should be padlock next to the address bar of browser. Double click the padlock or click View certificates to verify that the digital certificate is issued to https://www.hl-insurance.com and that the period is valid.
- If you receive a suspicious email which looks like being sent by HLIA and contains a link to a login page, do not enter your login name and/or password on that page. Forward the email to email@example.com. Never open a suspicious email and/or click the link therein or input your personal data.
- Do not click on the links embedded in the emails to log in to your HLIA account. Always access HLIA's website via your browser's favorites menu or by typing the correct address https://www.hl-insurance.com.
- Avoid accessing HLIA's website from public or shared computers such as those in cyber bars/cyber cafes. Public or shared computers have high risk of being infected with malicious software that could record your HLIA's login name, password and other personal information.
To safeguard your information, you are advised to close all your browser instantly after submission of an insurance application or logging out of your account so as to clear the browser memory cache.
Change your login name and password regularly. Do not use easy to guess combinations when choosing a login name or password.
Regularly log in to your HLIA account to verify your transactions. Report any unusual activity to us immediately.
Ensure that your computer and browser are up-to-date with latest security updates. Whenever possible, use the latest version of your favorite browser.
Install anti-virus and a personal firewall on your computer to protect yourself from spyware, Trojan horses and hacking.
Always disconnect from the Internet when not using it.
When you visit our website, information about your browsing behaviour towards our website may be collected by using "cookies". A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and automatically stored in a user's web browser when a user visits the website. The information collected by "cookies" may include items such as language preference, the pages visited and aggregated research data such as number of visitors but contain no personally identifiable information.
HLIA may work with or engage third parties to conduct research on the usage and activities of users on our website on our behalf. No personally identifiable information about you is collected or shared with third parties as a result of the research.